Friday, December 18, 2009

day 18...

well i tried again this morning to get my little juncos, but not a good one in the bunch, so i turned my attention to this silly, but smart squirrel who comes to visit everyday and tries to eat whatever bird food we have out there. today he decided to have his way with the cage of suet seeds that i put out for the woodpeckers, who incidentally have not found it yet, and he fought with it til it fell to the ground where he scooped it out and ate to his heart's content!

2 comments:

  1. They are clever things when it comes to food :)I don't mind the grey ones,but we have mainly black ones and they chase the grey ones away.I bet he had a feast indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man those little things are smart! They have managed to find how to remove the cap off the main feeder over here last summer. They would get in the cylinder and I'd only see their tail sticking out! LOL I saw a woodpecker this morning at our suet feeder. I wasn't able to get a picture of it though. :(

    ReplyDelete