Saturday, June 13, 2009

the toughest challenge so far!!!

julie challenged us to do a shot with either the moving object blurred and everything else in focus or the object in focus and everything else blurred. i completely flubbed this one!!! i am a complete newbie when it comes to using my camera in manual setting. i was going for the background in focus and the water blurry and i took photo after photo and got completely frustrated and almost gave up, but i finally realized that i had the iso set wrong and then got this shot. it's not exactly what i was hoping for but it's a start. i got some great shots of a canary through my screen though without you seeing the screen! i am sure ruth got as good a shot as julie's is!



i also got this shot which was kind of what i was aiming for, but i have come to the conclusion that it's just easier and more fun to use the camera on no flash automatic!!!

3 comments:

  1. Water was a good idea for this, I find your second photo gives the effect really well. You may find yourself with deja vu though later in the month, with one of the other challenges on my list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water was a great idea,I considered that too ..............it was a hard challenge today,don't be too hard on yourself !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool challenge and I like the results! I have no clue how to use my camera in manual mode either if it makes you feel any better. It can be rather frustrating... I keep telling myself I will learn, but never seem to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete